11 AUG 2021
Hello! Thank you for coming to find out more about Yahoo's Big Idea Challenge.
We challenge you to create the best audience-first campaign using Yahoo data within our DSP to drive results for your client. Please use a current client RFP or business challenge as the basis for your submission.
One client entry, per client entity, is permitted (per partner challenge) - if you have any questions about whether you can enter on behalf of your client please contact email@example.com.
Who can enter and eligibility
This Challenge is open to local teams in the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Canada (excluding Quebec). Global (or centralised) teams are able to participate as long as there is not a local market submission for the same client.
The $1m USD prize value will be delivered as follows;
- $400,000 to the winning team in the US
- $200,000 to the winning team in the UK
- $100,000 to the winning team in Canada
- $75,000 to the winning team in Italy
- $75,000 to the winning team in Spain
- $75,000 to the winning team in France
- $75,000 to the winning team in Germany
In order to take part in this specific challenge please ensure that your client meets the following requirements;
- MediaCom client teams who have activated GroupM / Yahoo DSP MSA campaigns totaling $25,000 or more in the same Market between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 are not eligible to participate.
- The winning idea must be fully executable using the Yahoo DSP.
- Please do not include the following in your submission: Yahoo SSP via 3rd Party DSP, Search, 3rd Party Programmatic Guaranteed, Microsoft Inventory (including Xbox), Reserved, Managed IO.
- Costs not included as part of the media value prize include DSP Tech Fees, DSP Management Fees, 1P/3P Data Fees, 3rd Party Ad Verification, Ad Serving, 3rd Party Research, Production Fees, Talent Fees, DCO Costs, Pass Through CPM costs for 3rd Party Fees (when applicable), and Non-Media costs as applicable.
- There must be at least three contest submissions per market to qualify for the prize value
- The winning entry must run the full media value prize as a part of a single campaign, with the goal to pace evenly, targeted within the allocated market.
- At least 25% of the media value prize must run on the Yahoo SSP
- The winning entry must deliver all media value between 1st January 2022 and 30th September 2022
Please reference the full set of terms here
How will your entry be judged?
Your submission will be judged by a selection of Yahoo judges based in North America and EMEA. They will assess the entry based on the following;
Strategic Insight – Leverages Yahoo data to identify insights and build innovative strategies to meaningfully connect with consumers.
Audience-led – Creatively employs tech and data to build targeting to connect with audiences in new and creative ways.
Test & Learn – Outlines strategic test & learn plans (creative, audience, bid strategies, etc) to drive ongoing performance.
Business impact – Drives positive business outcomes based on client’s KPIs.
How to Enter
Step One: Watch the introductory video and read through the eligibility requirements above to ensure your client meets the requirements to take part in this challenge.
Step Two: Ask your client to sign this form, giving their approval to enter the challenge.
Step Three: Register for the contest here, to show your interest in taking part, attaching the signed approval form from your client. Please note only MediaCom employees will have access to this Registration page.
Step Four: Become certified on the Verizon Media DSP by attending one of the certification sessions. If you’re unable to attend one of the live sessions, an online certification program is available here. To access, you will be prompted to enter a registration code: 111111
Please allow up to 24 hours after registration to receive access to the online certification program.
Step Five: Download the submission template here, and work with your client, Yahoo team and MediaCom colleagues to put your entry together.
We’re here to help! We encourage you to work closely with your Yahoo team as you develop your idea. Get in touch to arrange a virtual meeting with our creative experts;
- DSP Certification Session - Overview of the Yahoo DSP and instructor-led DSP certification
- Ideation session – Account-specific brainstorm session with the Yahoo team to develop the strategy, audience approach and test design for the campaign, as well as personalized support using the tools in the DSP
- Weekly Regroups - Account-specific weekly sessions with the Yahoo team to fine tune your ideas to complete the contest submission.
Click here to find out who your Yahoo contact is.
Step Six: Submit your entry here. Please note only MediaCom employees will have access to the Submission page. Good luck!
The contest will be open until 15th October, and the winner will be announced on 19th November.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your Yahoo team.