19 SEP 2019
MediaCom UK also named top agency at prestigious ceremony
MediaCom has been named Global Agency Network of the Year at the 2019 M&M Global Awards, the fifth year in a row it has won the accolade and the ninth time in the last eleven years. Additionally, MediaCom UK was crowned Agency of the Year.
The wins were secured thanks to six Gold awards and seven Highly Commendeds across the 26 categories. Top prizes went to Missguided, Pantene and Skittles with work for Berocca, Cesar, Head & Shoulders, Oral-B, Opel and Pampers also recognised.
The awards, which recognise the best media and marketing campaigns around the world, were held at a ceremony in London last night. This year’s success follows a strong performance at the shortlist stage, where MediaCom was the best-performing media agency network with 34 shortlisted entries.
The most successful campaign, which picked up three Golds, was for fast-fashion brand Missguided, where MediaCom UK tied up a partnership with ITV’s hit reality show Love Island. The campaign not only styled the contestants on the show but also made the clothing buyable during broadcast. It won in the Best Integrated, Best Partnership as well as the Fashion, Beauty and Retail Category.
These wins maintains MediaCom’s impressive performance at global media awards competitions. It was named Media Agency Network of the Year within the 2019 WARC Media Ranking and won 20 awards at the Festival of Media Global Awards in May.
Stephen Allan, MediaCom’s Worldwide Chairman and CEO, said, “Our success at the M&M Global Awards demonstrates the power of our people and the talent we have across our network. Our business philosophy is that putting people first, giving them the tools and the space to create and deliver great campaigns will ensure better results for our clients. Every award win demonstrates that this is true.”
MediaCom’s Gold winning campaigns were as follows:
- Best Campaign led by Events, Experiential or Sponsorship Activation: Skittles: Broadway the Rainbow, US
- Best Campaign led by the Creative Idea: Skittles: Broadway the Rainbow, US
- Best Integrated Campaign: Missguided: Missguided Styles Love Island, UK
- Best Partnership Award: Missguided: Missguided Styles Love Island, UK
- Fashion, Beauty and Retail: Missguided: Missguided Styles Love Island, UK
- FMCG: Pantene: Blend In, Israel
MediaCom’s highly commended campaigns were as follows:
- Automotive: Opel: Jade, Netherlands
- Best Campaign Led by Cause: Pantene: Blend In, Israel
- Best Campaign Led by Content: Berocca: Extreme Everest with Ant Middleton, UK
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: Pampers: Cradle of Health, India
- Best Partnership Award: Head & Shoulders: Helmet Hijack, Vietnam
- FMCG: Cesar: #Twinning, US
- The Effectiveness Award: Oral-B: You’re Out, Israel