POSTED 24 FEB. 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
Account Director is responsible for leading and developing all aspects of client business and for developing key senior-level client relationships associated with a major national and/or global account or several key national/global accounts.
You will establish thought leadership partnerships with key stakeholders and make MediaCom the central hub of all communications activities. The Director is excited about exploring and interacting with the marketplace to identify opportunities for clients.
You will effectively leverage experience, knowledge, and skills to inspire innovative thinking and set challenging team goals and objectives, balancing client, company, and team priorities.
- Co-create account-specific blueprints to achieve clients short- and long-term objectives
- Manage key interactions between clients and agency
- Oversee project plans, schedules, status meetings, key follow-ups, and budgets
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in recommendations/problem solving
- Track and course-correct work product against clients marketing goals and expectations
- Set revenue targets and develop forecasts by account and discipline
- Identify growth opportunities and sell in agency recommendations
- Manage opportunities and liabilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching their team
- Target top talent, help to recruit and select senior and mid-level staff ensuring all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Limit the amount of staff turnover and ensure that annual performance appraisals (MY 360) and corresponding development plans are completed on a timely basis
- Right size staffing based on approved SOW’s and revenue or strategic investments
- Gain the personal/professional respect of existing and prospective clients
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on proven case knowledge and experience
- Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Strong persuasive skills
- Able to offer expert advice based on experience
- Confident in making recommendations
- Able to successfully manage multiple full-service accounts
- Solid understanding of media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Complete knowledge of all media types
- Solid understanding of research tools
- Superior written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Monitor client profitability and adjust resource or terms of business accordingly
- Work with management and cross-functional partners to identify and deliver additional revenue earning opportunities
- Work closely with the CEO/COO and business development team to target and win new business prospects
- 8-10+ years of agency experience desired
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. By applying our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity we design communication strategies that grow brands and generate sales. As part of WPP and GroupM, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. Our success is underpinned by our belief “People First, Better Results” that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients. MediaCom’s global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony. In 2018, MediaCom became the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.