POSTED 05 NOV. 2020
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom – Senior Planner on the Direct Line Group Team (BU1)
Overview of job
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Planner who would like to be part of a hardworking, energetic, and fun team working on one of the biggest accounts in the agency – Direct Line Group and its distinct brands Direct Line, Direct Line for Business, Churchill and Green Flag.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Exciting client, who is driving the Insurance category forward with innovative brand campaigns which pan across a multitude of products, channels and audiences.
- Fun working atmosphere and team culture.
- You’ll have access to a range of opportunities for growth. Mediacom’s philosophy is putting its people first. This is a place where you can grow as a person as well as a professional – with a wide range of initiatives across the board.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become an expert in the basics of the DLG account and the insurance category.
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as the Implementation team
- Joined regular status meetings with the clients and ensuring accuracy of the status sheet for the team
- Be the lead day to day contact for key clients and Implementation team members
- Gained understanding of the Mediacom department structure and key figures on the team.
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In six months, you would have:
- An in-depth understanding of the client’s objectives and priorities, as well as the KPIs we’re measured against.
- Build relationships with supporting Marketing functions at DLG (i.e. Effectiveness & Insight)
- Developed robust relationships with various Mediacom teams, including the implementation and delivery teams
- Help the less experienced Team members develop their Strategic Planning expertise
- Established yourself as someone who is reliable and who will help answer questions, provide clarity and help solve any issues that might arise on the client’s side, as well as with colleagues.
- Owning briefs from strategy to execution, with the support of the AD and Strategy Director
- Helped to coach and develop the Planner & Exec on the team
- Flag workload pinch points with AD/BD and facilitate conversations on prioritisation of projects
In 12 months, you would have:
- Regularly contributing to wider account and department projects, outside of the day-to-day.
- An expert in the way DLG plan media to best support their business
- Shown that you understand the competitor landscape and have become a category expert, but can also bring insight from other categories
- Built a strong relationship with clients and other agencies to become a trusted partner
- Helped deliver excellent client SLA scores
- Worked with Clients, other agencies and marketing Team to deliver award entries
- Growing Our Clients’ Businesses
Build a strong relationship with your clients and become a trusted partner.
Develop a solid understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
Work with your BD and AD to create a ‘Great Work Manifesto’ for your clients.
Be a confident communications planner who demonstrates a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
Develop an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
Be the go-to expert in your team for audience and category insight, ensuring all work we develop is evidence based.
Actively participate in ‘Acceleration’ and ‘Stretch’ sessions on your clients, and those within your business group.
Ensure we have a seamless working process between the Comms & Implementation Planning.
- Growing Our Business
Build a clear understanding of MediaCom’s functions and how each specialist area can drive growth for your clients.
Support your BD, AD, and Manager in identifying and pursuing additional services opportunities on your clients.
Ensure your accounts are in perfect financial health.
Play an active role in new business pitches (behind the scenes).
- Growing Our People
Oversee the development of the Execs and Planners within your team, supporting your AD in the creation and implementation of Growth Plans and personal training programmes.
Promote your team’s brilliant work, both within MediaCom and beyond.
Actively participate in and contribute to agency wide planning initiatives
- Growing Yourself
Learn one new skill each year that is actively applied to your client’s business.
What you will need:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements.
- Interest in developing media strategy skills as well as experience implementational media delivery
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage expectations.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects.
- You will be enthusiastic, helpful and collaborative, and be seeking an environment where you can learn, develop, and actively contribute to the evolution of a key agency account.
- Ideally you will have previous campaign management or similar planning experience
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en