POSTED 13 JAN. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom Associate Director Of Business Science
Overview of job
Reporting to a Head of Business Science, the role of the Marketing Analytics Associate Director is responsible for the running a team of econometricians, overseeing and fronting the analytics projects across a number of clients. The Associate Director is the key client contact, understanding the business, building relationships and capitalising on opportunities to grow our analytics further.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Business Science
3 best things about the job:
- Delivering market leading marketing analytics for your clients, watching your insights and recommendations make a real difference to their business
- Developing and supporting junior talent to reach their potential
- Helping to grow department income, via strong relationships with clients, the planning team and via winning new business propositions
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Gained a full and thorough understanding of your clients projects, positioning yourself as the senior analytics expert on client projects
- Gained a full understanding of your teams current performance and development objectives
In six months, you would have:
- earned the trust of your line reports and wider team, being seen as an expert in your field and someone who will share that experience to help them learn, evidenced by feedback
- Identified areas of department growth either via growing current client income, improving efficiency or building on new client leads
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taken on additional client projects and ultimate responsibility for them
- Successfully onboarded a new client projects with existing and/or new resource
Responsibilities of the role:
- line manage a team of five direct reports with responsibility for their growth and development through regular feedback
- Delivering significant income annually with a large amount of complexity to the role
- Be the senior analytics sponsor, responsible for the overall client relationship and quality of work delivered
- Ensure junior team are completing data processing correctly and efficiently
- To challenge and stretch outputs of client analysis
- Take ultimate responsibility for integration with all MediaCom departments
- Co-lead commercial excellence across the department
- Contribute towards the department’s annual income growth targets
What you will need:
- in-depth knowledge and experience of Market Mix Modelling and other techniques within the media industry
- Experience working with clients from a variety of sectors
- Able to anticipate and manage the needs/demands of senior clients, by using influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Sound judgement with proven experience in delivering solutions and decisions that positively impact MediaCom or client businesses
- Solid knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Keen attention to detail with a questioning mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients
- Advance Eviews or other statistical software
- Strong commercial acumen
*We welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en