POSTED 02 MAR. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Senior Search Planner Buyer
Overview of Role
We are looking for a Senior Search Planner Buyer who will work on fast paced start-up brands with big growth ambitions in the UK and international territories via MediaCom’s Springboard offering. Our unique set-up within Springboard makes it an exciting time to join as we grow, and work in an agile way to deliver our clients’ growth ambitions.
The Senior Search Planner Buyer will be responsible for supporting the team lead with the day-to-day planning and strategy, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
The Senior Search Planner Buyer will be self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth specialist knowledge of PPC principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence search.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Search Team Manager.
3 best things about the Job
1.The client Science in Sport: the opportunity to work on two fast growth brands within the sports nutrition industry with exciting growth targets in multiple global territories.
2.Your development: we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency.
3.The team: A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class, award winning campaigns, and which has fun along the way.
Measures of Success
In three months, you would have:
- Proven to be the day-to-day contact for your client products
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
- Taken ownership of your own workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis, striving for operational effectiveness
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the Google and Microsoft accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Supported the team lead with creating a Test & Learn innovation framework.
- Worked closely with client team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
In 12 months, you would have:
• Gained a complete understanding of the client’s business and their needs, and shaped the Search account strategy in line with it, whilst incorporating industry developments and market changes.
• Become an extension of the client’s team, providing added value for Paid Search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the Role
• In-depth Search specialist experience
• Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards strict cost per sale/ROI targets
• Up to date with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and GMP developments, including upcoming changes and beta opportunities
• Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets and market conditions may change
• Advanced knowledge of data interpretation, insights generation and subsequent optimisation recommendations
• Proficient in managing campaigns end to end
• Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
• Collaborate with the Search Team Manager on innovative strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
• Share learnings and best practice with the team and wider Search/client groups.
• Show initiative and proactivity to achieve our goals
External and Internal Communication
• Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the client contacts, media partners and internal stakeholders with the support of the Search Team Manager when required.
Technology and Systems
• Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) and account audit platforms such as Squared.io beneficial.
• Savvy user of automated account management systems and processes
• Working knowledge of how to utilise and apply standard and custom scripts
• MediaOcean’s Prisma for the financial process
What you will need
• Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and targets
• Self-motivated with an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
• A team player who is approachable and supportive
• Positive and proactive attitude, passionate about all things Paid Search
• Able to delegate and escalate without delay
• Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
• Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
• A strong communicator who is clear and concise
• Calm under pressure, reliable and organised
• Ability to work across multiple brands/products and search accounts
• Previous experience with performance clients
• Strong attention to detail in everything done, whether it’s in platform or a presentation slide
• Eager to continuously learn
• Knowledge of one of the following languages a bonus: German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*