POSTED 30 NOV. 2020
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
Job Title: Worldwide Account Executive
About the Opportunity: You’ll be part of a close-knit group of individuals with wide ranging experience in media, who work in global media planning, activation and local marketing co-ordination across multiple clients.
The skills we are looking for include: organisation, project management, strong communication skills (written and verbal), an open and enquiring mind keen to explore new ideas and opportunities. The right individual will also enjoy collecting and analysing data, is comfortable with numbers and has a strong attention to detail - data led decision making is a core element of MediaCom’s planning process.
The role will require communication with multiple stakeholders - within the direct team and virtual teams across our office network, and with clients and external partners (e.g. creative and social agencies).
A Day in the Life: There are no boring days in our team. Your day to day tasks will range from collating and analysing data, desk researching to look for the most exciting news in the industry, assisting with presentation materials for key client meetings, co-ordinating with dozens of different markets around the world, supporting the team in ensuring that day-to-day tasks are on time and to required standard, or curating and writing up our well-received newsletter to clients.
You will work directly with the team’s senior members, attending training sessions, have direct contact with clients. You are expected to be able to prioritise your tasks efficiently, and able to manage expectations of your team mates.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to multiple international clients who all have different requirements
- Opportunity to work directly with and learn from senior team members and clients from the start
- Being a very important part of a dynamic, flexible and personal team
In 3 months you will have:
- Completed core media training using our online training system and other training opportunities
- Gained basic understanding of the team’s dynamic and individual’s roles
- Basic understanding of the work we do and the tools and platforms we use
- Proven to be reliable with numbers and time management, able to pull together reports and presentation material
In 6 months you will have:
- Good understanding of Mediacom in general and our team in particular, the work we do and delivery for each client
- Basic understanding of different media channels especially digital
- Gained confidence in working with other team members, able to manage, request and offer assistance when appropriate. Start working with the broader Mediacom internal teams when appropriate
- Fostered reliable working relationship with local markets
Where you’ll be at the end of your first year:
- Have the confidence and proactivity to suggest appropriate initiatives
- Confident in fully owning your own work, able to converse with clients and present your work
- Establish great working relationship with local markets
- Growing confidence in your understanding of of all media channels and tactics
- Be an essential part of Mediacom family and ready to step up
What we’re looking for in you:
- Great team player
- Proven interest in media and understanding of what a media agency does
- Keenness to keep abreast of all new opportunities and industry developments
- Enthusiastic and proactive with an appetite to learn
- High level of comfortable with numbers and data management incl. good understanding of maths/statistics
- Ability to draw insights from data and visual representation of data in clear and compelling ways
- Analytical mind set and strong attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work to deadlines as part of a team and autonomously
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Good organisational skills as well as knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues around the business, as well as media owners
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
At MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare. The MediaCom network comprises of 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands our clients, including P&G, DLG, and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of our work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients. We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work. For more information, please visit http://www.mediacom.com