POSTED 06 NOV. 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Maternity Cover
Overview of job
We’re looking for a driven and quick-thinking Digital Planner Buyer to work on one of the most important and exciting parts of Sky’s business – Sky ACQ (TV & Broadband). The candidate should already have a base knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have experience in planning / buying digital media. Our performance campaigns are ‘Always On’ and heavily focused on driving efficiency through programmatic activity, so experience in DR would be preferred.
Our Planner Buyers work closely with media owners and third-party platforms for campaign management, optimisation and reporting. Working with the Senior Planner Buyer, you will be responsible for activating our campaigns within the platforms, analysing performance, and leading on all reporting.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Manager
3 best things about the job:
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky
- Opportunity to drive performance across one of Sky’s most important product areas
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the Sky ACQ account and the ways of working.
- Ensured an understanding of the competitor landscape
- Taken ownership of our reporting processes.
- Fed into response to brief presentations
- Got involved in quarterly planning and helped to decide partner spends and phasing.
- Become confident at activating our Social activity.
In six months, you would have:
· Contributed to and supported on client calls
· Started to take more ownership for briefs and recommendations
· Developed a strong relationship with our more junior clients. Be their go to person for anything digital
- Delivered brilliant work to the client
What you will need:
- Experience of working in a media agency, within a Paid Social/ Display function
- Desire to drive performance and improve efficiencies
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and adserving
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en